Wednesday 7 January 2015

18: Your highs and lows of this past year

This one is particularly relevant, considering this is a new year in which to do dumb shit.

So. I had my highs and lows, some higher than some, some lower.

I think my highs were clustered around the time of my birthday to be honest (Jav of course knows why).

There was turning 17. Seriously. I was getting sick of being 16! There was reading so many new books (my lifetime count must be in the 6-digit range by now), rereading my old favorites, like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, finally reaching my 7th year of high school-- seems like so long ago I was 10 and anxious about high school-- new music, new friends, evolution of friendships/relationships, me maturing.....quite a few things.

There was also losing friends, those abysmal things called my Unit 1 CAPE grades, my inner turmoil that sometimes threatened to pull me under, fallings-out with people I cared about.

2014 was, generally speaking, a bitch.
Here's hoping 2015 will be a bit better, especially considering I've got all of 9 bloodclaat subjects to sit in CAPE.....

Think I need to rethink my place in life before February comes in, at least attempt to buckle down and finish those outstanding labs I have.

-me.

No comments:

Post a Comment