Wednesday 24 January 2018

New Year, New Me (even though the year isn't really that new anymore)

It's been January for literally a thousand years. Jesus.

But happy new year, guys. I hope 2018 is the one where we all glow and grow (not necessarily physically, cuz that ship has sailed for me) and discover what peace there may be found in silence.

Anyway. I had the vague idea to discuss "new year, new me" in this post, so...leggo.

Disclaimer: I didn't proofread or stop to really organize my thoughts. If you know me IRL, just read it how you'd imagine me actually talking to you, and it'll make more sense.

Boom.

The start of a new year is, for many, an opportunity to reinvent the self.

(Should I really call it an "opportunity"? I think what really happens is people go, "Hey, it's a new year, maybe some karmic energy is out there that'll help me in my endeavors.")

I think I'll go with the second one. It's traditional for almost everybody (even me, although I don't much go for that kinda stuff) to make at least one new year's resolution at some point on January 1.
  • "I'm gonna start gym this year and lose ___ pounds."
  • "I'm gonna give up _____"
  • "I'm gonna learn how to _____"
Among a myriad of other things.

My resolution since 2012 or so has been to stop caring so much what other people think of me, and to just do what SJ do, whatever it is that SJ do.

I'm not ashamed to admit that there have been at least five out of the subsequent six (right? six.) years in which I failed miserably. 

But I made that resolution in 2018 again. With some editing, of course, because I'm a big mature woman now (EL OH EL.)

Live your life in a way that makes you healthy and happy. Don't listen to those long-throated cunts who don't have anything better to do with themselves than criticize.

I also resolved that 2018 is the year I take up whoring again. So far that one's not going too bad. But y'all don't need to know too much about that, do you?

Another, infinitely more important (to me) resolution I made is to spend more time with the people who care about me (not necessarily my family. I'm in Kingston almost year-round nowadays). That, too, isn't going too bad either. So far I spent a Saturday with the Village Taker and this last weekend with MoBae.

Bae noted one night that I seem happier. Strangely enough, I am. That may be due to the post-whoring euphoria, or contact highs from spending quality time with people I love. I dunno really. But I'm not overthinking it.

~

Pete Wentz said in Centuries x Fall Out Boy that:

some legends are told // some turn to dust or to gold // but you will remember me... for centuries.

That's a nice thought, isn't it? "Remember me for centuries." All we ever really want is to not be forgotten.

~

Okay, I'm done now. Peace and love, guys.







No comments:

Post a Comment