Tuesday 25 February 2014

YOLO-- The Philosophy

"I'm standing in the flames, and it's a beautiful kind of pain
Setting fire to yesterday, find a light, find a light, find a light..."
"Beautiful Pain", Eminem ft. Sia


I try not to look back on past mistakes. Although it is. SO. DAMN. HARD. NOT. TO DO. When I do, the "Shit, I shouldn't have done that" wave just washes over me and....I can't swim.

You know that saying, "Hindsight is better than 20/20"? yeah, um.... I don't think so.
You keep looking back at the missteps you made, the number of times you stumbled on the sands of time. You can't see the way forward, the unblemished stretch before you. You wallow in guilt. There's no basis for hope.
Especially if, like me, you're severely and hopelessly nearsighted. Literally and sometimes figuratively.

With my bad vision, even when I do look forward, I can't see more than a foot in front of my nose (if so much) so imagine me in the situation described earlier.
Therein lies the crux of my depression.

This is why I adhere to YOLO. You only live once.
Now I am not talking about the "so what we get drunk, I know you smoke weed, we're just hvaing fun" YOLO. That is utter stupidity. I'm talking about YOLOSDALAD: YOLO... so don't act like a dumbass.

I want to leave my mark. I can't do that if I constantly keep looking back.
I get me some glasses, keep my head screwed on right, and stare straight ahead. Live that one foot before my nose I can see. Mistakes? Fuck 'em. Moving on. 

And this, my friends, is why I believe in, and adhere to, YOLO.

@Jaye_Eccentriq
16 years

No comments:

Post a Comment