Monday 3 March 2014

6 Months and Counting....

What have I learned at Chesta?
I've been here for approximately... [stops to count on fingers].... 6 months. Yes, I've been here for 6 months.
But what have I learned in that 6 months?


  • People will say what they want, when they want, about whoever they want. Case in point: No powers on earth can tell anyone here that such yute and I aren't a couple. Let me just set it straight. Again.
Such yute (I think I'll just call him Excelsior. He'll read this, and he'll smile.) and I aren't together. I like male company. I'm a confessed misogynist. Therefore, I am going to hang out with him based primarily on the fact that he has a penis. We have a lot in common, but then we're just SO different. Plus we have the silence (see some other post I made recently). Not to mention the fact that he has the most comfortable shoulders I have ever had the privilege of resting on in my life.
Why wouldn't I associate closely with him, based on all I just said? Come on.....plus I have a boyfriend and he has a pretty-much girlfriend. 
Everyone knows this. So why do they still feel like saying "Yow, [Excelsior] and Shari-Jo deh, Jah know..." This is why I don't like people much, and why I hate girls.

  • Out of sight, out of mind. Friendships are cemented by how often you see each other. I haven't spoken to some of my Bishops friends in SO. DAMN. LONG. And that list includes those who swore a sister pact with me. (Yes I went to an all-girls school for 5 years. That is also why I hate girls.)
  • What others think about you is not important. It's what you think of yourself that really matters.

Now, in all fairness to the school, I haven't been here for very long, so I can't learn very much. But I will be keeping my eyes, ears and mind open. I'll be sure to let you know.

And now arrives Excelsior with his chin on my head. No, wait....he's beside me now. This is gonna make for a very interesting hour.
Smiling, and about to chat like hell despite the fact that I'm hoarse,
@Jaye_Eccentriq

No comments:

Post a Comment