Friday 14 March 2014

The Vybz Kartel Saga: My Thoughts on it

So....Vybz Kartel was found guilty of murder yesterday. The really sad part of it is I missed the Twitter hullaballoo last night. I'd wanted to tweet something witty like "Worl' boss tun Worl' Ass now" or "A lone tears Kartel mussi deh pon yah now, lerl" but.....I missed it.

Anyway, he and three of his co-accused were convicted. The one yute found not guilty must be counting his blessings Kevin 2wo Krayzee style (S/O to him, #NoFksGvn). I'm happy for him. As for Kartel himself, Shawn Storm, Andre St. John and Kahira Jones (thought this was a woman; it's not...) I'm withholding my opinions, 'cause, well..... let's just say Kartel has more than a few fans (I finally get why it's short for fanatic), quite a few of whom were on my TV last night chanting "Free Worl' Boss! Free Worl' Boss!"  And, you know, I'm only sixteen. Way too young to die.
You understand what I'm trying to say?

Even though the whole point of this whole post was to air my thoughts and all but... mi fraid a mad people sah!

Adidja "Vybz Kartel" Palmer.
This man is intelligent as HELL. Like, extremely intelligent. Wasted talent intelligent. He was a Calabar boy before they kicked him out. That's how intelligent he is.
Quick note: Calabar High= THE best boys' school in Jamaica.

Now I don't listen to Kartel's music. Frankly, lyrics about how tight a woman's front is or how many shots I can leggo in a yute's chest don't entice me. But I've heard extracts of the songs while on the road and I have to admit that the man's rhyming skills are on point.

Allow me to interrupt your thoughts. Luckily for me, I got to sneak a post on FB before it was too late.... "Well all [I said was] Kartel shudda buck a gyal weh study law instead #EnuffSaid"
As it relates to Twitter posts, however I'm completely lame so I just creeped on other people's TLs. However, though the evidence seemed circumstantial, a 10-1 guilty verdict and an attempt to bribe the foreman is quite enough for me. Commenting on a thought [Jaye_Eccentriq] shared, Kartel is intelligent, but he just needs to learn to utilize his intelligence or else it's pretty useless.
And those women though need fi go find wuk fi feed dem hungry self and dem malnourished pickney [no offense to the children] *makes rude noise* I was beyond disappointed.

Yeah, that part was written by a sempai (for you non-manga lovers, it's upperclass[wo]man) by the name of Akeliah Blake (couldn't think of a proper nickname). I wonder if you happened to notice the different prosaic voices....?

Well Kartel (and the others), looks like it's "Back to Life" in prison for y'all.

Vibes cut 'cause I lost my train of thought,
@Jaye_Eccentriq
and Akeliah ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment