Monday 3 March 2014

An Award Ceremony....and being sick

Yes. I am sick. I have been sick this past weekend, and as such, my writing has taken leave of my senses (which have taken leave of me).

It all started on Friday. I went to Kingston, which I must say is hot on a level with Hell. As opposed to Mandeville, which is just blissfully cold, Kingston is like being thrown headfirst into a pot of superheated water.

But I went to Kingston to some award ceremony hosted by the Caribbean Examinations Council. Now I went because I got the 2nd highest grade in the land for French and as such merited an award. Yay me, I guess. The best part of this whole thing is that my family is proud and my friends are prouder (kinda ironic still but whatever...)

So I went, with the intention to scout out for any cute rich smart guys (another story in itself) and I probably shouldn't have written this but hell, my boyfriend doesn't read. I saw none. NONE AT ALL.
Let me tell you something. Kingston boys are not cute. They just aren't. So that was a day wasted, basically. All I got was an admittedly good-looking certificate. WHERE THEY SPELLED MY DAMN NAME WRONG.
For the record, my name is Shari-Jo. Capital J. NOT Shari-jo or any other deviations. Cho.

Upon leaving this ceremony which was a waste of time because all I did was get pissed and hungry (I ate twice in 24 hours, a first), I stopped at Domino's. Hallelujah. I can't even document that experience. Let's just say it involved cheesy bread and large pizza. :)

Anyway...the climate change did a hella number on my sinuses, leaving me pretty much unable to breathe for that night. Saturday was a bit better, except for the coughing. Sunday I kind of relapsed.
Now here's the bitch of it all. Today's a school day, and all that's wrong with me is I'm hoarse. How shitty can my life get?

What I hate about being sick is the fact that I don't get sick very often but when I do....in my mother's words, "come in like yuh ago dead." Jah know, it was awful.

But the positives of last weekend were that I'm $2800 richer (thank God for people who buy me food), I did no chores......and I got the motivation I needed to say "Fuck you Campionites" and make it onto the merit list. Again.

Yours in achievement,
@Jaye_Eccentriq

No comments:

Post a Comment