Friday 14 November 2014

06: What are you afraid of?

So I was cleaning out my mental closet, wherein I store a lot of stuff. And I got to realize that most things I used to say I'm afraid of....I just hated them. So what's left in that "fear" box inside my head is some real deep shit.

Fear #1: Death
I don't know what happens after death. Regardless of what the mainstream religionists say, no one really knows for sure what happens after your soul leaves your body. and because no one knows, I cannot go gently into that good night. I may not like what I find there. Especially given my type of living in a vacuum.

Fear #2: Blindness
So I have absolutely shitty vision. I'm nearsighted and I have astigmatism. To add to that, both the ophthalmologists (well, I didn't see that little red line which means I spelled it right) I've ever been to tell me that my vision is only going to get worse.
How will I read if I can't see? (And don't be a smartass and tell me about Braille.) I know I'd end up being a bitter bitch if I go blind, because after experiencing the world in sights and colors and having all that taken away, who wouldn't?

Wow.
That's it.

I just thought of Four in the Divergent trilogy for some reason.

Challenge complete.
Toodles.

@Jaye_Eccentriq

No comments:

Post a Comment