Friday 21 November 2014

04: Your views on drugs and alcohol

I made abstract reference to this in my last post, I believe, but let me just quantify my views and beliefs on this.

Drugs are......necessary in some cases. You have your antidepressants, your cold medicine, your sleeping pills.....

I guess what I want to say is that drugs are an important aspect of life.  They "happify" you, put you to bed, wake you up....pretty much do everything for you that you probably can't do yourself.

But as is usually the case, too much of a good thing is bad. So here we have the flip side of the coin, where you have addiction, which leads to crime, which leads to general fuck-up-tion of your lfe.

The same thing goes for alcohol. Although to me it's better than drugs.
It warms you when you're cold, cools you when your hot, happifies you when you're sad....
Basically no downsides to this. Except hangovers, of course, and those are preventable.

But excess. There's where the problems start.

Everyone says drugs are bad, alcohol is bad, this is bad, that is bad.... No.
Nothing is bad in moderation (except evil, which is a relative concept but.....)
Excess is bad.

So I think, you can take your drugs, drink your liquor, enjoy yourself because #YOLO
Just don't, like......go OTT with it OK?

Disclaimer: Just because I don't mind taking drugs or drinking, doesn't mean I do either. I know how close I am to the abyss, therefore I avoid both like how doctors avoid contact with people who have Ebola.

Anyway.
Oh, that #YOLO I believe in? You only live once. But don't act like a dumbass. #YOLOBDALAD

Challenge completed,
-me.

PS: If there are any mistakes, I apologize, but I really couldn't bother editing anything at the moment because my fingers are cold. Thanks for your understanding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment